Friday, February 1, 2013

Maybe just maybe this could work!

While the winter months here in the Northwest bring rain and not so pleasant days I can not seam to place all the blame for just being sluggish on the weather.  I am sure some of the weather is a contributing factor, however I think just maybe I need to detox.

I am not setting my hopes too high but I am excited to give this a try tonight.  At least my skin should feel super smooth.

I first saw on pintrest (during the wee hours of the morning when I should be sleeping but am awake because I am so stiff and just uncomfortable.) a bath detox.  Stories how so many women felt so much better the next day.  These women used the same descriptions that I feel myself using when it comes to how I am feeling... tired, foggy, blah, sluggish, exhausted, unable to catch up.

So what is it that a bath detox is going to do.  Well... to get rid of the toxins that are possibly causing some of the issues that I am constantly fighting.


  • Epsom salts: helps make you sweat, reduces inflammation, relieves muscle aches, found in most bath salts
  • Sea salt: another common bath salt, helps leach out toxins, soothes open sores or blemishes
  • Baking soda: highly alkaline, helps balance an overly acidic system, helps eliminate chlorine in the water, softens water and skin
  • Apple cider vinegar: helps restore the acid-alkaline balance in your body, helpful for acne, softens skin
  • Ginger: increases circulation, opens pores, makes you sweat

I will be doing a follow-up post to this one with the results.  I plan on however tonight sleeping like a baby and waking up renewed tomorrow.  If this turns out well I will add the recipe that I am going to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment